Futaba Indiana of America Corporation (FIA) is a team-oriented working environment, specializing in stamping and welding processes for automotive components. We currently operate on two shifts, and some overtime is required based on customer needs. While experience in welding and the automotive industry is an asset, it is not required.
FIA offers a wide variety of career opportunities. From the business professional to the entry-level laborer, our company offers future employees great pay and an exceptional benefits package that competes with all other companies in the area. Utilizing these benefits, our Team Members are able to provide a stable income and excellent health care for their family, while securing a comfortable retirement. We want to see our Team Members create careers, not just jobs.
Our various departments offer a range of responsibilities for Team Members to grow. Always looking to improve, FIA emphasizes promoting from within. Training and guidance is available for those seeking to advance their career. Our Managers, Supervisors and experienced Team Leaders work with Team Members to help them achieve their goals. In addition to Orientation classes, our Team Member Development Department offers ongoing training for Team Members and Team Leaders.
For those applying for open positions in Production, Logistics, Quality and Stamping, FIA has the following general requirements:
- Be able to work in fast-paced team-oriented work environment;
- Be able to perform work requiring repetitive motions;
- Be able to stand on feet for up to 12 hours, as business needs require;
- Be able to work Saturdays and Sundays as required by FIA to meet business needs;
- Be able to lift up to 27 pounds repeatedly and occasionally lift up to 60 pounds;
- Be able to occasionally stoop or reach overhead;
- Be able to push and pull containers;
- Be able to follow company and OSHA safety guidelines such as Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) procedures and wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): safety glasses, steel-toe shoes, hearing protection, bump cap, protective sleeves and gloves or other items;
- Be able to learn new processes and work duties as company needs require;
- Be able to understand and follow standardized work instructions;
- Be able to understand and follow quality standards;
- Be able to perform other duties as required.
Candidates for supervisory, management, and specialist positions may also submit resumes, and supporting documents to the Human Resources Department by postal service, email, or fax. Any supporting documents uploaded through the online application must be in PDF format.
HOW TO APPLY
WHAT TO EXPECT
Once your application has been reviewed, you will be contacted to set up an interview. During the interview you will have an opportunity to ask any questions you may have. If hired, you will be given a date and time to start work.
Your first stop on your journey as a new FIA Team Member will be the Team Member Development Department. Every new FIA Team Member goes through orientation classes covering Safety, Quality and other topics specific to working at FIA. This process will give you time to transition to your new work environment, and is designed to help you succeed. Topics covered will include:
- FIA Policies and Rules
- FIA Safety
- Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) Procedures
- Environmental Health and Safety (ISO 14001)
- Quality Basics
- Defect Recognition
- Production and Standardized Work Instructions
- Futaba History
After completing orientation, your Supervisor will introduce you to your Team Leader and fellow Team Members. They will help you as you make your transition.
Your First Day At FIA:
- Arrive on time.
- Wear steel toe shoes, or be prepared to purchase "Turbo Toes" ($20.00 cash).
- Wear blue jeans or work pants without frays or holes (no sweats or fleece).
- Bring food or snacks.
- Bring a beverage. We have machines that dispense ice and filtered water.
- OJT Department will provide coffee.
- If you would like to use our Canteen Services for lunch, please bring a debit card.
- Please bring an ink pen.